Writing a blog post every single week for over what? ten years–becomes harder as time goes by. I cast around for topics, and since nothing in the news is “good” any more, writing about current events gets repetitive. I mean, how often do you hear about shots, masks, floods, climate change, the narrowing of women’s rights, and unemployment? Granted, I have never written a blog post about unemployment, and I am not about to start now.
So I though I might share with you some of the topics I have considered writing about lately, all of them rejected:
- I miss seeing the insides of all of the newscasters’ houses, now that they are no longer broadcasting from home.
- I may never go to a restaurant again.
- Eating a hot dog takes one week off your life.
- I saw a headline in my news feed, that read HOW TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE INSOMNIA.
- My husband almost never uses a coaster.
- They make milk out of every single nut on earth these days.
- Apparently, you can make every single recipe using a sheet pan.
- I know of five things to do with dental floss that don’t involve teeth.
- During my colonoscopy, I thought I was watching HGTV.
- Camomile tea is a scam. It does not make you sleepy.
- I never watch the Grammys because I have no idea who any of those musicians are.
- I fall for clickbait every single time.
- I thought a thirst trap was the desert.
See you next week, when I am sure I will have so much to say about so many things, it will be tough to choose.