Whenever I have blog writer’s block, which is today, I fall back on my go-to topic: books. I read so many books that I forget most of them the second I have finished, but a few stick in my mind.
Here is a list of great ones that I have read recently:
- You Should Have Known, by Jean Hanff Korelitz. This is a new author to me, and she writes brilliantly about smug people, and then brings them DOWN. Now being made into a series (HBO, I think) featuring Nicole Kidman.
- The Wife Between Us, by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen. Beach reading–such a great story!
- Eligible, by Curtis Sittenfeld. I resisted this for a long time, as it is the retelling of Pride and Prejudice, set in Cincinnati. But it is so good.
- Have You Seen Luis Velez, by Catherine Ryan Hyde. You cannot miss with her books, and her latest is the usual tremendous story and renewal of one’s faith in humanity.
- Kissing Games of the World, by Maddie Dawson. I love all of her books. So just pick one, and then read all the others.
- The Mother-In-Law, by Sally Hepworth. Twisty and fun.
- Ghosted, by Rosie Walsh. You make a real connection with a man, and then he just disappears. Another great vacation read.
- Someone, by Alice McDermott. Literary fiction at its best.
- Watching You, by Lisa Jewell. Oh, boy. Where do I begin? Plotty, twisty, weird folks. Loved it.
- Sometimes I Lie, by Alice Feeney. She wakes up in the hospital, locked in. Need I say more?
Happy reading. See you next week.