My God. There is so much to worry about. To whine about. To lose sleep about. I do all those things. I wager that nearly 75% or more of us are on some sort of medication for all of this. There is no such thing as a slow news day any more. What to do?
I made a list of things to think about when I get down.
- I have a house.
- It is a nice house.
- We have heat and AC.
- Often, I have to decide between “dish A” and “dish B” for dinner.
- There is a blouse in my closet that I bought last year and have never worn.
- Every night, I listen to a cat purr as I go to sleep.
- I have enough money to donate to hurricane relief.
- I don’t live in the path of any hurricanes.
- My husband.
- My two daughters.
- Two grandchildren, and this is not Fake News, that are more wonderful than any other children on earth.
- Running water.
- Masterpiece Theatre.
- Ice cubes any time I want them.
- For that matter, electricity.
I could go on and on, but the list would get boring and sanctimonious, if it isn’t already. I should add one more thing: the fact that I can stand up and walk around without assistance.
Make your list.